We have gathered together information, links and other resources that you will find helpful below.
Have Your Say
A number of questions have been raised recently and we are doing our best to address them; some immediately, some over time, some individually and some through the Parents’ Forum.
Parents Forum Terms of Reference 2023
The objective of the Adamsrill Primary School Parent Forum is to facilitate positive and effective two way communication between parents and the school, providing a channel for communication, feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Promote the partnership between school staff, its pupils and its parents/carers.
- Develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
- Identify and represent the views of the parents/carers on matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
- The Parent Forum is not a decision-making body. It is a body which can feed in views and represent the parents and carers of issues surrounding the Scope
Specific feedback and suggestions for improvement and enhancement of:
- School policies.
Out of Scope
- Items relating to specific pupils, specific parents or individual school staff which should be discussed one to one with the relevant teacher, Deputy Head Teacher or Head Teacher as appropriate.
- The meeting will not discuss individual’s issues and the Chair will ensure that the rules are adhered to.
Who can be part of the Forum?
All parents and carers of children attending Adamsrill Primary School are welcome to be part of the Forum.
Why should Parents & Carers take part?
As a parent or carer, being part of the Forum can help in a number of ways:
- It gives you an opportunity to get together on a regular basis with other parents to have your say on what the school is doing well, and ideas of how you feel things could be improved.
- It can break down barriers between the school and parents and improve working relationships.
- Good links between you and the school can improve your child`s enjoyment and chances of doing well.
How can Parents & Carers participate?
Parents and carers can participate in a number of ways:
- All are warmly welcome to attend and participate at any Parent Forum
- By taking a role to help promote the Forum and make it work
- By participating in activities or by making the Forum aware of your thoughts relating to Adamsrill Primary School
- Parents and carers are welcome to e-mail issues they would like to be discussed to email@example.com.
- By suggesting items to be discussed verbally to a member of the Forum.
Key Responsibilities of Parent Forum Attendees
- To attend Parent Forum meetings representing their own views.
- To adhere to the scope of the Parent Forum and to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner, respecting the individual rights of members.
Meetings will be held termly.
It is the responsibility of the Chairperson to ensure that:
- Meetings are scheduled and times and venues communicated.
- Minutes are posted to the school website for all parents to view with copies available from the school office upon request.
- Meetings run to time (approx.1hr) and active participation is sought from all Teachers and/or Governors to be invited as necessary.
- Feedback will be given of the outcomes of the meetings to Staff and/or Governors as appropriate by nominated representatives.
Parent Forum Dates and Minutes
Spring Term - Tuesday 28/02/2023
Summer term - Tuesday 23/05/2023