Community Cohesion, Behaviour & Family Liaison Officer (CCBFLO)
Designation: Community Cohesion, Behaviour & Family Liaison Officer (CCBFLO) REQUIRED
Salary Scale: SC6, Spine Point 18 – 20 (£34,770 - £35,862)
Working Hours: 35 hours per week – term time only plus INSETS (39 weeks)
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity and would you like to be part of a growing school team? Adamsrill Primary School is now looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Community Cohesion, Behaviour & Family Liaison Officer who will work with the community and will provide welfare support to our pupils and parents.
OVERVIEW OF THE SCHOOL AND THE ROLE
Adamsrill Primary School is a growing two-form entry school situated in the heart of Sydenham in Lewisham. Adamsrill’s utmost priority is our commitment to ensuring all children succeed. We are seeking to appoint a Community Cohesion, Behaviour & Family Liaison Officer with a strong work ethic who will work closely with the deputy headteacher (pastoral) and in partnership with families, parents, carers and pupils, particularly the most vulnerable to have full access to educational opportunities and overcome barriers to learning and participation.
Also, to provide a complementary service to existing teachers and pastoral staff in a school setting in addressing the needs of pupils who need help to overcome barriers to learning, both inside and outside school, in order to achieve their full potential. She/he will work as part of a team including school staff and other agencies to ensure progress and achievement for pupils.
WHY CHOOSE US
Adamsrill Primary School is a Good-rated school based in Lewisham. You’ll enjoy a career that offers so much more. A career with a purpose that you can shape and believe in. An inclusive environment, where you can always be the true you and feel championed, heard, and supported. Where you’ll grow, collaborate and learn something new, each and every day. By connecting with others, right across our school, you’ll be part of an inspiring community, all working together to make an impact that matters – for our pupils, staff, parents, and the wider world.
We understand how important staff wellbeing is in the current challenging environment, therefore our school offers a professional Employee Assistant Programme that provides a confidential freephone helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for school employees to receive expert advice on personal, family, financial and legal matters. Lewisham local authority also offers a cycle loan scheme which is an excellent opportunity to acquire a brand new cycle for work.
Our school is set in a well-connected city location and situated close to the main Sydenham road (5min walk) and Sydenham & Lower Sydenham overground train stations which are 15min walk. Our school community offers the opportunity to become a meaningful part of the wider community through enrichment and extra-curricular activities.
· SC6, Spine Point 18 – 20 (£34,770 - £35,862) annual Salary (35 hours per week – term time only plus INSETS (39 weeks)
· Staff health & wellbeing support
· A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
· An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team.
· Courteous pupils and staff.
· Free parking.
· Experience of working in a school environment.
· Experience of working with, and supporting parents
· Liaison with external agencies and community providers
· Experience of working within a senior leadership team
· Good IT Skills
· Experience of being in a similar role.
· Good communication and numeracy skills
· Time management.
· Pride in their work and understanding of the importance of maintaining a safe and attractive learning environment for children
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE:
· Demonstrate previous experience working with parents, pupils and other agencies. Demonstrate knowledge of attendance administration and pupils welfare
· Demonstrate knowledge of monitoring and managing pupils’ behavioural issues.
· Experience of development, management and operation of administrative systems Demonstrate good communication skills that allow effective communication with all levels of school staff, governors, pupils, parents, and outside users of the school.
· Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to visit the school or to contact the headteacher for an informal conversation.
Adamsrill Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure, Online checks, overseas checks if applicable, and receipt of satisfactory references.
Original evidence of the right to work within the United Kingdom will be required prior to commencement of employment i.e. National Insurance Number, Work Permits, or Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Adamsrill Primary School is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all members of the community, regardless of gender, age, marital status, disability, ethnicity, religion, belief, or sexual orientation.
CVs will NOT be accepted.
Closing Date: 10th December at 12 noon
Interview Date: Interviews will be conducted asap