Adamsrill Coronavirus Update 12.03.2020
Thursday 12th March 2020
Dear Parents and Carers,
Actions Taken To Mitigate the Risk of COVID-19
I write to inform you of matters regarding the coronavirus outbreak COVID-19 and its effect upon our school. I would like to reiterate that there have been no reported cases of coronavirus, or of anyone coming into contact with the virus.
At Adamsrill, we are committed to safeguarding our pupils, staff and wider community. We have made the difficult decision to take precautionary measures to ensure that we stay open for our pupils. However, we are also aware that things are changing hourly and especially with the situation in Italy, the following actions have been taken and we ask for your support during this challenging time:
- Parents are asked to email (phone in an emergency) regarding any issues/queries they may have, rather than coming into the school office in the first instance.
- Visitors to site will be by the Headteacher’s authorisation only – where possible, video calling will be used to replace face to face meetings.
- Trips out of the school will be postponed until further notice – we will endeavour to ensure that pupils will be given the same opportunity wherever possible once the risk has been eliminated.
- Pupils are being encouraged to wash their hands thoroughly and regularly and have been shown how to do this.
- First thing on arrival to school all pupils will be asked to wash their hands thoroughly.
- Pupils with severe medical needs: we are in the process of contacting parents of pupils with medical conditions asking them to seek medical advice.
- NHS, DfE, PHE and LA guidance: we are closely monitoring the National Health Service, Department for Education, Public Health England and Local Authority guidance, ensuring that all staff are kept up to date with the necessary information.
Here at Adamsrill, we are proud of our community spirit and we know that you will join us in protecting our local community for the safety of all pupils, families and staff.
Closure: Off-site provision
In anticipation that at some point it seems likely that all schools may be directed to close, I have asked all teachers to prepare packs of home learning for pupils to do. Our IT consultant will also be training all teachers next week Tuesday to ensure that the virtual learning facilities on lgflmail can be utilised to support distance learning. Teachers will monitor this as best as network capacity would allow them to (the unknown at this time is that most schools will be doing similar and the system maybe slow). All pupils will be given their individual login details so that they can access learning on lgflmail remotely. We will keep you updated with any changes via letter or email.
Please be assured that our Senior Leadership Team will carry out daily discussions to review our current risk assessment. To help support you in keeping fully informed, we will post advice from the NHS on our school website (please be aware that this is from the NHS and not school advice).
Thank you for your support,
Dr Increase Eko
- Covid 19 Back to School
- Covid 19 Visual Communication
- Friends of Adamsrill
- 2 April 2020 Update on CoronaVirus
- Adamsrill School Key Worker Provision
- Adamsrill Coronavirus Update 15.03.2020
- Google Log In
- Adamsrill Coronavirus Update 12.03.2020
- Year 4 Magdalen Farm Trip
- Mufti Day 2019
- Christmas Jumpers Day 2019
- Parent Courses 2019
- Wick Court Farm
- Sponsored NSPCC daily mile run
- Year 5 Trip to the Planetarium
- See Our New Playground
- SCHOOL TRIPS
- Information for parents of children starting in Reception in September 2019
- Updated polices – 20-06-2019
- Kingswood Day 5
- Kingswood Day 4 2019
- Kingswood Day 3
- Kingswood 2019 Day 1 and 2
- Free cycle courses
- World Book day
- November news
- Interested in training to become a teacher?
- Lewisham Music
- Reception 2019 Open Days
- Macmillan Coffee Morning and Parent Forum